Skip to main content

Mommy Style Monday: Must Have Toys

Hey you. I am collaborating with a bunch of other lovely ladies today for Mommy Style Monday! That's right, they're letting me write, even after last time. Surprise! We shall be blogging about our individual "mommy styles," and this week, it's the type of things we let our kids play with!

Here are some of our favorites:

Stackable cups and finger puppets in the bathtub. My girls love these! When I pulled them out to take a picture, Tina couldn't resist jumping in and playing with them. We keep a huge blue plastic bowl and a small green bowl with the bath toys, too. Tina loves filling them up with water and dumping them out, usually onto Lil Spits. 


Baby dolls. Ours are usually up to no good, but Tina is a great little mommy to them. When I find them in the morning, passed out after a wild night of partying, she gets out the changing pad and the wipes, changes them, rocks them, and gives them kisses. She takes them with us wherever we go. She loves her "beebees."


Pictured from left to right: The Nudist, Strawberry Pirate, and Beyonce

Pop-up ball pit. Except we have been using it as a place to stick Lil Spits and the babies to play "A go?" Which is our version of "peek-a-boo." Tina got it for her birthday last week (thanks family of Spouse Unit!) and it's been a fun little hideout for her. 



In the middle of our favorite game, "A go?"

Lil Spits' top picks: Balls, blankets/fabric/towels, a mirror, and the big stuffed bug, which has a mirror on its tummy and rattles and squeakers in its feet. She could play with any of these for ages, especially the mirror and a blanket. I'm glad she's so easy to please. She also loves the doorway jumper, but I didn't take a picture.
 


Basically, though, I've learned that anything can be a toy for a kid. My Mombie likes to say, "Tina will find the most dangerous thing in the room, without fail, and play with it." Usually this is true, but most of the time it's short-lived (there's a pun in there somewhere). 

Here are some of the other non-fatal objects that I let my girls play with:

-Kitchen utensils, bowls, cups, and whatever ingredients I'm cooking with
-Dry erase markers and the white board/picture frames
-Fridge magnets
-Couch cushions, pillows, and blankets (forts!)
-Crayons, markers, coloring books, stickers, and paper
-My jewelry box and bracelets
-My makeup (I just pretend to put it on Tina and then let her wear lipgloss or chapstick)
-Food (sometimes)
-My hair, if they're nice to me
-Clothes (the other day Tina came out wearing one of my bras)
-Any and all of their toys 

Not my best couch fort

Thanks for visiting my page today. I hope you've learned your lesson. Just kidding, I hope you come back. Make sure to check out the other gals' pages listed below to get some more fun toy ideas. If you're interested in participating in future Mommy Style Mondays, hit Kiana or Madeline up.


Take care, and, as always, hasta la pasta, ya'll.


Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Juli at Journey of J^3
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Sue at Sue's News
Monica at It's All About

Comments

  1. My hair. Haha! And I love the doll with her face in the toilet! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I woke up one morning and saw that and said, "What the heck happened here??" Your blog is so cute, and you rock the overalls!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment