I hope you all had a great weekend! I babysat, took my girls to the Nature Discovery Center (it was so awesome!), watched Moana for the first time, cleaned the church, went swimming, and went on an excursion with my family to Walmart and Papa Murphy's.
The last part might seem a little silly to you, but when we moved to Houston, those were two things that we really missed. They were staples for us back in Northern Utah. So we made a return at Walmart* and bought three pizzas so we could experience Papa Murphy's happiness all weekend long.
[*Story time: I posted a video on Facebook and Instagram of Lil Spits and Tina, who had gotten into a BLACK INK PAD and got it all over the carpet, our dining table and chairs and their little hands and faces. When I questioned them about it, Lil Spits wouldn't look at me. I was luckily in a really good mood that day, and it was hilarious, so I didn't have a problem with the mess. Anyway, a kind citizen sent us heavy duty Clorox wipes, handiwipes, and A CARPET CLEANER in the mail! Whoever you are, you are a saint! Unfortunately, we just bought a carpet cleaner like a week before you sent your generous gift, but after we returned it to Walmart we used the money you provided us with to buy a new carseat to keep our girls safe, and that was such a relief. Thank you, thank you, llllllmmmm (Lil Spits' & Tina's appreciation) thank you!]
I really love being with my family and babysitting so others can have time to themselves, but it's important to have some time for "just me" as well. For Mommy Style Monday, that's what our topic is: Me-Time!
Me-Time is beneficial for me because I can't give from an empty bucket. When I take some time to do what I want to do by myself, for myself, I am able to recharge my batteries and fill my bucket.
A lot of the time, Me-Time turns into We-Time because Tina and Lil Spits love to do what I'm doing, but as long as I'm taking time to do something that I love, then it's not a huge problem (most of the time).
Here's a list of things I like to do when I have some time to myself. They're pretty simple, but they work for me.
1. Grocery shopping by myself. I know a lot of people hate grocery shopping, but for me it is so much fun! I love looking for deals and trying new foods, plus I get a lot more ground covered when I go by myself. Tina has inherited my trait of having to touch everything in the store.
2. Blogging, of course! Right now, my girls are snoozin' away and I am listening to scriptures and typing this baby up. It gives me an outlet to express myself and it's so fun to create something that other people enjoy. At least I'm pretty sure people like what I write. Nobody has told me they hate my blog... yet.
3. Napping. I have this running joke with my friend that I always want "a nap and a sandwich" but it's sort of true. I don't know if there are many things that a nap and a sandwich can't fix.
4. Painting my nails (one of the things that turns into We-Time). I don't spend a ton of time on my appearance, so painting my nails is one thing that takes minimal effort, minimal time, and makes me feel put together and pampered.
5. Listening to audiobooks and music. Music makes me want to dance. I love dancing. Also, I have a goal to read 30 books by the end of the year, and audiobooks are helping me meet my goal (even though I'm totally not keeping track! Bad Melissa). Even if I can't set aside a chunk of time to do something by myself, I get a Me-Moment all day long when I listen to a book or some music. Right now I'm listening to The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, LDS General Conference Talks, and All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
6. Social Media. Look, it even has the word "me" in it.
7. Baking! Another thing that turns into We-Time. Baking is probably my favorite form of Me-Time. It goes back to the creating something for others to enjoy, practicing my skills to hopefully start a business, and I get to partake of it, too. It's yummy.
What kinds of things do you like to spend time doing for yourself? Let me know in the comments!
Check out these lovely ladies' blogs and see how they spend Me-Time!
Kiana at Glitter&Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Rachel at Tutus and Heels
Monica at It's All About
Rose at Babies & Bluejeans
Britt at My Little Sunshine
See ya on the flip-flop! Thanks for reading!