Skip to main content

MSM: Favorite Things Box, Round 2

Howdy neighbors! I hope you're all doing well! Last week was a big week with the kidney donor blog post on Rick & Shay, and then Lil Spits, Tina, and I got sick. We're going to make the most of it by watching The Hobbit cartoon, making some popcorn, playing with toys, and being lazy on the couch (fingers crossed my kids nap loooooong today), but first I'm gonna share today's post with ya.


Guess what today is? It's Mommy Style Monday! *Cue flashing lights and game show music.* 

Mommy Style Monday is a blog post rotation started by Madeline & Kiana that celebrates Mommy Style, whether it be what you wear or how you live your life. We get a topic to write about, and then write about it, linking the other cute mommies to our page for your perusing enjoyment.


For this Mommy Style Monday, the other gals and I got to send each other packages of our favorite things. This is the second time I've done this and it was so fun the first time I couldn't help but sign up again! Here's the first post. We sent each other our favorite spring things. You have to see the cute leggings and accessories I got from Juli!


This time around we had a $20 budget to spend on a box with our favorite beauty and fashion items. I'm not much of a fashion blogger so I was a little nervous at first. I wear makeup *maybe* once a week to church, but I'm not upset about it if I don't even get that in. I'm pretty proud of myself if I remember to get in more than one shower a week. #momlife 

The other day, I was on a video call with D-Dawg (my dad) and he told me that I looked a little frazzled, and I just had to break it to him that my hair always looks that way now. It's the new norm. Blame it on the Houston humidity. I guess.

Once upon a time I used to be a lot more into clothes and I had a pretty crazy/fun sense of style. In fact, once in high school I ran into one of my middle school teachers and he told me I looked "funky fresh as usual." HA!

I've gotten pretty boring since then. I've recently realized I miss some of that craziness (and color) in my wardrobe, so I'm really happy that I'm participating in these MSM boxes because it's helping me get out of a fashion rut I've been in.

Anyway, when thinking about what to send to Jessica from Mason Jars and Lemon Bars, I tried to use my strengths in the fashion/beauty department. I don't have many, but here's what I do have: my thrift shopping game is pretty strong.

I love thrift stores, hand-me-downs, and free/cheap clothes. Some people have a really hard time finding anything, but not me! I love the thrill of the hunt. As per true Melissa fashion (see what I did there?), I decided to send a few of my finds to Jessica! Luckily, despite all of the mail mishaps I've been having lately, she got my box. Head on over to her page to see what I sent her!


I got a box from Britt from My Little Sunshines. Here are her favorite beauty things:

Lip exfoliator, coconut chapstick, pink nail polish, eyeshadow, in-shower body lotion, deep conditioner, and the nicest smelling bar of soap I've ever had.


You're the best, Britt! Thanks for brightening my day with your fun finds for me! I'm so glad I checked the front desk again (we thought her package was lost!). I used most of them immediately had the nicest, most luxurious shower that should get me through another week. 

But for reals, I'm real excited to use this stuff. 


What are some of your favorite beauty items? Fashion items? What's your best thrift find? Let me know in the comments!


There were seven of us who took part in this Favorite Things Box Swap! I know you're curious to see what they got, so here are the links to the other lovely ladies' blogs:

Kiana at Glitter&Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Monica at Oh Happy Us
Britt at My Little Sunshines 


If you're interested in taking part in a favorite things box exchange in September, sign up here!

Want to sign up to take part in Mommy Style Monday? Contact Kiana or Madeline!



Thanks for taking a sec to stop by my blog today! Peace out, cuties!

Melissa

Comments

  1. Yay, I'm so glad that you liked everything! I totally only shower once a week.... #noshame ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was terrified to tell people that! It really is like maybe twice a week but honestly, I can never remember. If my hair is still in good shape, why shower?

      Delete
  2. Britt had me last time and she has knocked it out of the park both times! I loved the items you thrifted for Jessica too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems darling! I wish I could get together with all you cute Mommy Style Monday bloggers in real life! And thanks!

      Delete
  3. That is such a good package! Britt did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Britt, everyone loves what you did. You win. haha.

      Delete
  4. Oooo such a fun round up of items!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment