Skip to main content

Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins & A Pep Talk

Good morning! I hope you're all planning on having a great day. If not, you might want to reconsider. 
I love that after a long day or a hard day that I get to go to sleep (one of my favorite activities) and start again fresh the next day. If you need some help with that this morning, try these muffins:




And this pep talk:







Kid President for President, amiright?

Now, about the muffins. I made them the other morning when we were going to go on vacation and had to stop at the Driver's License Division first. Neither one panned out the way we wanted, and that was a little frustrating... but at least we had some yummy muffins to start our day with! In the end, Spouse Unit got his license taken care of, and we got to take a random vacation to a spot we would have never thought of via a ferry we didn't know existed. So it all ended up okay! Only here's a tip for the future: Don't camp on the beach in your new tent when it's 60 degrees and windy. You'll be cold and have sand in all your camping stuff (and food) for a while. Possibly forever.

Anyway, back to the muffins. I got the recipe from a cookbook called "Sunday Dinner at Grandma's" that my dad gave me one year as a gift. It's a cute little country cookbook from Gooseberry Patch. Besides having yummy recipes, it also includes some fun tips on decorating, presentation, and different family traditions that are easy to start. So, win-win-win-win!

(Just so you know, they're not sponsoring me to say any of this. I don't get paid to write my blog. I just like doing it.)

After I made the muffins and posted the picture on Instagram, I got a lot of positive responses, so ta-da! Here is the recipe for your enjoyment. 


Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins (adapted from Raspberry Cream Muffins from Gooseberry Patch's Sunday Dinner at Grandma's)
Yield: 12 muffins

1 c. fresh raspberries, rinsed
3/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. softened butter
1 egg
1 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. whole milk
1 c. white chocolate chips, chopped
(opt. 2 Tbsp. brown sugar + 2 Tbsp. white sugar)

Cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg and extract and beat together. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Fold in the raspberries and white chocolate chips. Line muffin tins with paper liners, fill 2/3 full with batter. (Opt. Sprinkle brown sugar/white sugar mixture on top.) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 min, or until light golden brown on top and a knife comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve warm.


I sure hope you enjoy them! I thought they were fun for spring. The raspberries make them pop and the white chocolate chips make them creamy. They'd make a great addition to a big breakfast, a tea party, or just by themselves for when you're running out the door. Or not. I don't do any running. I just like them with a glass of milk. 


What kind of muffins do you like to make? Let me know in the comments! 


Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on the flip-flop!


Melissa

Comments